MAPIC Awards 2022
RX France, a French joint stock company with a capital of 90,000,000 euros, having its registered offices at 52 Quai Dion Bouton 92800 Puteaux, France, registered with the Nanterre Companies Registry under n°410 219 364 (the “Organiser”). RX France is the official organiser of the MAPIC 2022 tradeshow (hereafter “MAPIC”) taking place on 29 November – 1 December 2022 in Cannes, and of the related MAPIC Awards 2022 (hereafter “MAPIC Awards”). The competition rules of the MAPIC Awards ((hereafter “Rules”) are detailed hereafter.
Item 1: Competition categories and eligibility requirements
Any developer, architect, retail company, city, local authority, service provider, consultant or agent registered to MAPIC may enter the competition in one of the following 12 categories:
- Best New Retail Concept
- Best New Food & Beverage Concept
- Best New Leisure Concept
- Best Retail Omnichannel Strategy
- Best Sustainable Retail Initiative ( This category will reward 2 projects, for both retail and property initiatives.)
- Best Performing Outlet Centre
- Best Performing Retail Park
- Best Performing Shopping Centre
- Best Urban Regeneration Project
- Best New Development Project
- Best Retail Innovation Solution
- Best Store Design by French Designers in Partnership with Institut Français du Design (Selection of projects done by the Partner)
Item 2: Number of projects allowed
There is no limit on the number of submissions per company, and one entry can be in several categories as long as it meets all the eligibility requirements stipulated in the Rules and separate submissions are prepared.
Item 3: Pre-entry form
Entrants must be registered to MAPIC .
Companies wishing to enter the competition must complete and submit one online pre-entry form per project. RX France will verify each project’s eligibility and send a confirmation email
If the project is managed by several companies, the company submitting the entry guarantees that
1. It is the sole initiator together with possible co-authors and warrants;
2. It holds all the rights for the presented projects and information related to the project;
3. It does not harm any potentially involved third party’s rights or anyone’s private life or likeness;
4. The project/idea does not infringe any law, especially copyright laws.
In case several companies submit the same project, they must reach an agreement to design one company only. If not, Reed MIDEM reserves the right to keep the first received entry and reject the other ones. Rx France will not be held liable in case of any conflicts between the companies.
Pre-entry form(s) must be completed in English and submitted online .
Item 4: Final entry form
If the submitted pre-entry meets the eligibility requirements for the next step of the competition, RX France will ask the entrant to complete and submit the final entry form and all required materials online by 1st September, 2022.
Entry forms must be filled out in English.
Entrants expressly authorise to use the information completed in the final entry form as well as the supporting materials, for communication purposes if needed.
Item 5: Entry fee
Item 6: The jury and the jury meeting
All completed entries received by 1st September 2022, will be submitted to the MAPIC Awards Jury, an independent body of retail real estate professionals selected by RX France.
The jury will meet in October 2022 to review the received entries and shortlist 3 to 5 finalists for each categories mentioned in item 1. The results will be announced to the entrants shortly after the jury meeting by email.
The jury can in total independence, base its selection on various and unlimited criteria. The jury is allowed to move any entry to a more appropriate category and consequently judge it in that category. The jury has also the right to remove a category if they consider that the submitted entries do not ensure a sufficient level of quality. The jury’s decision is final and will not have to be justified.
Item 7: Finalists and visual elements
Finalists will be asked to provide additional visuals that will be displayed during the MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner. RX France reserves the right to choose which elements will be displayed and modify these elements if needed to guarantee the quality of the event.
Finalists accept that all project information, including photographs and other materials provided, may be forwarded to third parties for the purposes of conducting the on site vote, organising the ceremony and promoting the MAPIC Awards.
Finalists also certify and guarantee that they have been authorised to this end by potential co creators or third parties.
Finalists shall hold Rx France harmless from and against any risk of claims or actions by third parties, both during and after the performance of the Competition on the grounds of an infringement of their rights, in particular as regards the intellectual property rights in the elements supplied by the Finalists under the terms of these Rules. To this end, the Finalists hereby agree to hold RX France harmless from and against any claim, of any kind whatsoever, issued by one of its employees, workers or third parties.
In the event that proceedings are issued against RX France, all duties, costs, fees and damages that it may be ordered to pay shall be borne by the Finalists only.
Finalists commit to provide RX France with the name of the photographer (photo credit).
For a period of five (5) years, for any informational, promotional, marketing and/or commercial purposes, RX France may:
- photograph and make video or audio recording s of the MAPIC Awards (hereinafter referred to as the "Recording");
- broadcast, live or deferred, the Recording of the MAPIC Awards on tangible or intangible media platforms, including media networks and the Internet (Facebook or YouTube).
- adapt the Recording to be included within a compilation of other contents of MAPIC – notably for Continuing Professional Development purposes - and represent, reproduce, distribute and market the said compilation
communicate the Recordin
g on all tangible or intangible media known or unknown at this time, notably digital media and internet (in particular, the websites tradeshows and its partners and related promotional social media as YouTube branded channel, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or other), and on any other promotional or marketing tool it may use, being specified that RX France will not be held liable for uses of whatever nature that may be made by web surfers of the Recording appearing on these websites.
Item 8: Competition prizes
In addition to the awards given to the category winners, a Special Jury Award will be granted to the jury’s favourite project among all.
Item 9: Voting process and results
The jury’s vote will represent 100% of the final results.
In the event of a tie between two or more projects, the president of the jury will make a decision in the presence of a RX France representative. The final results will determine each category winner. If the sanitary situation due to Covid-19 or any other force majeure (described in Item 12 of the present rules) does not allow organising MAPIC physically in Cannes, then the on-site vote shall be cancelled, and the vote will be held online.
Item 10: MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner
The winners will be announced during the MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner to be held on 30 November, 2022 in Cannes.
Official representatives of the winning projects will collect their award on stage.
If MAPIC is not physically held in Cannes, the MAPIC Awards Ceremony shall be held online or postponed. In the first case, it will be entirely live streamed on the MAPIC website.
The awards ceremony will be photographed and recorded for the purposes of promoting the MAPIC Awards, the winners and their project(s).
Winners authorise RX France and their representatives to photograph and film the ceremony directly or indirectly, including their likenesses and voices, together with any elements related to their projects as mentioned under Items 4 and 7 above, and to reproduce and broadcast those photographs and videos to the public by any means, including the wwww.mapic.com website for promotional purposes.
Item 11: MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner attendance
As mentioned in item 5 above, each finalist must send at least one official project representative to the MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner, and therefore book a seat (€300 Tax Excl) or a table of 10 (€2,600 Tax Excl).
All attendees at the gala dinner must be registered to MAPIC.
Each winner will be invited to go on stage to receive the trophy.
Item 12: Force Majeure
Item 13: Privacy
RX France collects Applicants’ personal data by the present document or during participation of the event, (attended places or events, services operated). The data is processed by RX France for the purposes of caring out its contractual obligations (notably customer’s data base management, events, services and ticketing management, invoicing and cash collection management) and promoting its activity. Such data is stored for a maximum duration of 10 years.
This personal data can be:
- integrated into the online database available to Participants to enable them to prepare the event, promote their business and schedule their business appointments within the event. In this respect, Participants undertake not to use the data for any other purposes. Reed MIDEM reserves the right to stop by any means any disturbance caused by any forbidden use of personal data;
- transmitted to sub processors that have undertaken to comply with Data Protection Laws requirement such as companies belonging to the same group, in particular the companies of the RELX group, service providers and partners, who may be located outside the European Economic Area;
- communicated to Participants, such as speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, who can be located outside the European Economic Area to carry out commercial prospecting;
- used on all distribution and promotional media in connection with the relevant event including over the internet;
- processed for distribution and promotional analysis (profiling, targeting).
As a data controller, RX France have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that its processing of personal data meet the requirement of French and European Data Protection Laws and in particular GDPR.
Applicants’ may exercise their right to access, obtain, correct and oppose the use of your personal data by fulfilling the form here to: privacy.reedexpo.com/en-gb/privacy-centre.html
In case, unsatisfied answer to Applicants’ request, Applicants may rise a complain to the French National Data Protection Authority (Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés or CNIL) www.cnil.fr.
Item 14: Claims